There's nothing wrong with a fella who's in touch with his feminine side, but sometimes a man can cross the line. Is your man merely a metrosexual, consciously dedicated to his appearance, or has he gone way too far?
Take this quiz to gauge whether your guy's too girly:
1. His idea of pampering himself includes:
• Waxing and a facial (Score = 1)
• Long shower, close shave and maybe a pedicure (Score = 2)
• Clipping his toenails and trimming his nose hair (Score = 3)
• A soft, new robe (Score = 4)
• An aromatherapy spa session with Jacques (Score = -1)
2. Which best describes your guy?
• Catty (Score = 1)
• Sensitive (Score = 2)
• Special (Score = 3)
• Rugged (Score = 4)
• Bitchy (Score = -1)
3. When it comes to shopping:
• He likes it more than I do (Score = 1)
• He's on a first-name basis with sales clerks all over town (Score = 2)
• He doesn't mind window shopping — much (Score = 3)
• He shops, but it's not on his list of fun things to do (Score = 4)
• The only thing he likes more is redecorating (Score = -1)
4. What does he drive?
• Sports car (Score = 1)
• Boxster (Score = 2)
• SUV (Score = 3)
• Pickup (Score = 4)
• VW Bug (Score = -1)
5. His medicine cabinet is stocked with:
• Tweezers to pluck his eyebrows and lots of cuticle gel (Score = 1)
• A wide selection of facial creams and lotions (Score = 2)
• Vitamins, aftershave and cologne (Score = 3)
• Antifungal spray (Score = 4)
• Makeup (Score = -1)
How well did your fella fare?
Less than 0: Maybe he just likes to play dress-up sometimes. Or maybe there's something he's not telling you. You might want to have a candid conversation with him.
0-5: This guy seems to be in possession of a lot of stereotypical "womanly" traits. How do you feel about dating "one of the girls"?
6-10: He could go either way. Gauge your comfort level with his effeminate traits before you go any further. If they bug you, consider catching a manlier man.
11-15: This guy's in touch with his feminine side but hasn't taken it to the extreme. And maybe you can trade some grooming or decorating secrets.
16-20: He's a manly man without being a Neanderthal.
top of page